Electronic .hu domain Registration
Hostit.hu’s fully electronic registration system for .hu domains.
The .hu registration process key points:
- The owner and the administrative contact must be properly selected during the domain ordering process. If the profile does not exists, new domain profile creation is required.
- After the successfully payment, the domain will be automatically created in the .hu registration system within 10 minutes, and the technical check (RegCheck) process begins.
- If the RegCheck* fails, then you need to reassign nameserver configuration via Domains / Manage domains menu with M button.
- If the technical check runs successfully, then you can sign online your domain registration in your customer area, with a captcha code.
- You do not need upload any .hu domain application form, when on-line sign with captcha code is successfully done.**
- After the successfully online signing, your domain will be available for you hopefully within a few hours. .hu Registry will decide about the domain.
Who can be the owner of a .hu domain?
Citizens, companies and organizations from these countries: HU domain owner country list.
.hu Registry checks every .hu domain registration and transfer request. If the owner name or ID is not set properly, will not approve the delegation or transfer.
Please set the owner name and id exactly as in official documents!
This process can be applied only for the new domain registrations. For the transfer process, you will need the .hu domain application form as usual.
*Technical check (RegCheck) takes approximately 10 minutes after nameserver change or after registration start. In this time interval the domain’s state is regcheck error. You can test your nameserver settings with your domain here: Official .hu domain registry, RegCheck page
**.hu Registry can ask the .hu domain application form anytime, if they think something is missing or unusual with the registration or the delegation is against the .hu registration rules.